Pario Children and Parent Education Service
Hong Kong Christian Service launched a “Parenting Education Project” in 1988 to provide parents with child-rearing knowledge and skills. Ever since then, the demand for the service has been on the rise. In September 2012, the project has been renamed the “Pario Children and Parent Education Centre”.
Society’s advancement is based on holistic development for individuals today.
Target Service Recipients
Infants, toddlers and children aged 0 to 12. Parents, parents-to-be, grandparents, nannies, people who are engaged in child care work and people who are interested in child care services.
- Fill out the membership application form and submit the membership fee.
- Fill out the activity/course application form and submit the related fees.
- There is no membership withdrawal and no refund of membership fees.
- There is no refund on any activity fees unless the activity has been cancelled.
Tsim Sha Tsui Centre
Monday to Sunday
9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
1:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Kwun Tong Centre
Tuesday to Sunday
|9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
|1:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m.
|Mondays and public holidays
- Our curriculum focuses on holistic development of children through art education.
We are committed to cultivating quality and developing talents in people.
- Activate children's potential through tutorials to promote children's creativity and diverse abilities.
- Improve parental capacity so that parents know their own strengths and have the correct parenting knowledge, emotion and attitude.
- Possess diversified and professional teams, including registered kindergarten teachers, art teachers, senior social workers, speech therapists, occupational therapists, physiotherapists and clinical psychologists to inspire children’s potential.
- Use safety-tested and certified equipment and materials so that children can explore and learn in a safe environment.
- A consultant team formed by well-known experts is available to help optimise the centre's curriculum and improve professional standards continuously.
Scope of Service
- Parent Education:
The Centre provides special topics, workshops and courses to parents. Content includes ability to recognise the different development abilities of young children, managing knowledge and skills, cultivating emotions and inspiring ideas in children.
- Children's Activities:
Parent-child activities and children's learning opportunities are provided in the form of courses, games or activities. Content includes training on ability development, self-care, self-confidence and social interaction. Activities are designed using theories on multiple intelligence and learning through games as guidelines.
- Special Events:
In order to promote different concepts of young children, the Centre regularly holds special events such as "Family Sports Day", "Music Movement Course", "Creative Language", "Parents' Training on Story Telling Skills", "Little Boss Training cum Lunar New Year Market" to encourage parent-child participation.
- Professional Training:
Many people are interested in working or promoting early childhood work in recent years. The Centre regularly organises professional training to train up more quality early childhood instructors.
- Public Education:
The Centre holds media interviews, provides lectures to groups and churches, contributes articles to parents and children's magazines, publishes articles in Pario's quarterly newsletter and shares on media homepages. Through all these texts and activities, we are able to share parental experiences with parents.